22 Lessons Learned in 2022
22 Lessons From 2022
So, we just said goodbye to 2022 it’s time to count the blessings offered by this year that I’ll be carrying into 2023. I started out 2022 year with laser focus on finding my niche and growing my business. It’s been a heck of a ride with a lot of dips. I could nail down my niche but along the way I’ve learned some important lessons.
The upside to that is that the Aesha today would laugh at the naïve Aesha of January 2022. This year has been a year of tremendous growth for me.
Here are a few lessons I’ll be carrying forward into 2023:
1. Self-awareness is the single most quality that can help you succeed.
2. It’s okay to live your feelings and emotions. Learn to express your emotions in a healthy way.
3. Every emotion you feel is temporary outside the love you feel for your family.
4. Focus on the right goals. Clear out the noise from your life.
5. It’s okay to set boundaries and say no.
6. Your time is precious. Spend it with only positive people who bring you joy.
7. You are defined by who you surround yourself with.
8. Surround yourself with people who challenge you and are willing to support you.
9. Consistency is 99% of success.
10. Patience is the other 1% of success.
11. Rejection is the only way to learn hard success lessons.
12. Progression over time principle applies to all areas of life not just fitness gains.
13. Strength is prettier than skinny.
14. Let people judge you for how you look and speak. You are the only real judge of how you can use your characteristics as your strengths. Take back your power of how you use your differences.
15. Define your self-worth. Don’t let others define it for you.
16. Believe in the value you offer to others and stay firm with it.
17. Best professional connections require a lot of giving to turn into a mutually beneficial relationship. You have to give to get.
18. If a business relationship didn’t work, then move on. It wasn’t meant to be for you.
19. Work and discipline aren’t going to be insta-worthy.
20. It’s okay to fall and fail. Progress is never linear.
21. Personal growth is a product of uncomfortable situations.
22. Pain is part of the evolutionary metamorphosis. Carry on and you will turn into a butterfly.
I’m thankful to my past self for challenging me and going through the uncomfortable situations. I can’t wait for my future self at the end of 2023.